At Wok To walk we are committed to creating an important gastronomic community, which begins with protecting the privacy of all members of our community. This means that we will protect the personal data and other information of all visitors who access our websites or services through any mobile application, platform or device (collectively, the “Services”).
The information we collect from you and why
These are the general categories of personal data that we collect about you and the purposes for which we do so:
- Information that you voluntarily provide:
Personal registration data when you create a Wok To Walk account so that we can:
- create your account so that you can order
compliance with our Terms;
- identify you when you log into your account;
- contact you to know your opinion about our
- notify you of changes or updates to our
Transaction information when you place an Order with a Restaurant for:
- process your Order and invoice you (but note that Wok
To Walk never stores your credit card information
in our systems);
- send your Order to the Restaurant;
keep you informed about the status of your Order;
- answer your queries and questions about your Orders and
- conduct analysis and research to develop and improve
our services; and
- protect you and the Services by trying to detect and
prevent fraud or other acts that infringe
our Terms or policies regarding the Services.
Information about your advertising preferences so that we can:
- send you personalized advertising about our products or
- Opinions about our Services so that we can:
answer your questions or inquiries;
publish opinions you send us about our Restaurants
and services; and
- conduct analysis and research to improve and develop
- Information We Collect Automatically
Activity information so that we can:
- offer you an improved experience;
- give you access to your Order History and preferences; and
offer other services that you request from us.
Cookies and similar technologies so that we can:
- measure and analyze the use and effectiveness of our Services;
- personalize and optimize the advertising targeting of
our Services on other websites and platforms; and
- provide location services if you choose to share your
- Information we obtain from external sources
Analytical reports and market research surveys so that we can:
- measure the performance of marketing campaigns from
our services; and
- better understand your preferences so that we can
personalize our marketing campaigns and Services in
function of these.
We process personal data that you voluntarily provide, information that we collect automatically, and information that we obtain from external sources to constantly improve our Services. In this way, we can make it even easier for you to find the food you want, when you want it, no matter which device you choose to use or where you are in the world.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with the following recipients (and whenever we do, we will ensure that we have adequate security and contractual guarantees to protect it):
- Restaurants for which you have placed an Order for processing and delivery;
- Group companies;
- Third parties that support our Services (for example, suppliers for marketing campaigns or promotions carried out in the food, beverage and leisure sectors according to your preferences);
- Any law enforcement agency or any regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party to whom we believe it is necessary to disclose personal data in accordance with applicable law or regulations;
- New owners or reorganized entities in the event of a business restructuring, sale, purchase or creation of a joint venture that affects our business.
- Any other third party for which you have given your consent. We will never sell, distribute or otherwise share your personal data unless we have your consent.
Legal bases for the processing of personal data
Wok To walk will always ensure that it has a legal basis to collect and process your personal data. The legal basis on which we rely will change depending on the type of personal data and the context in which we obtain it.
We collect and process your personal data mainly for the execution of the contractual obligations established in our Terms (that is, to ensure that you receive your Order at the time and in the place that you have indicated), but we may also process it with legitimate business purposes.
International data transfers
Wok To walk attaches great importance to protecting your personal data against unauthorized access, illegal processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard such information.
Your data protection rights
You can access your account at any time to review and update your personal information. You can also contact us to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict its processing, or to request that we transfer it to a third party. You also have the right to unsubscribe from the marketing communications we send you by clicking on the “unsubscribe” option in any marketing communication you receive from us or by updating your profile.
Links to third party sites
From time to time, our websites may contain links to third party websites (for example, those of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates). If you click on these links, please note that Wok To walk is not responsible for these websites, which will have their own privacy policies.
How to contact us
WOK TO WALK INTERNATIONAL, S.L. La Rambla, nº 140, 4-a, 08002, Barcelona
Information we collect from you and why
The personal data that we may collect about you falls into the following general categories:
- Information that you voluntarily provide
For certain parts of our Services, you may be asked to provide personal data on a voluntary basis.
- Registration information: When you create a wok to walk account, register, or fill out forms about the Services, we collect information about you, including your name, address, phone number, email address, and the password you create.
- Transaction information: We collect information related to your Orders, including payment information (such as your credit card number), using the secure services of our
- payment processors. We outsource payment processors for payment operations, and we do not store your credit card information in our systems. We also collect delivery details (for example, your physical address) in order to fulfill each Order.
- Information about your marketing preferences: We collect information about your preferences for receiving marketing information each time you subscribe or unsubscribe.
- Reviews: When you post messages and reviews about the Services or contact us with questions or comments or report a problem, we collect information about you, including
- your name and the content of your inquiry. If you contact our customer service teams, we will record and store your conversation for quality and training purposes and to help you answer your questions.
- Sensitive information: We obtain information that you provide to us when you communicate with us (for example, through our customer service center or through our online forms). This information may include sensitive information, such as information related to health (allergies or dietary requirements) or about your religion (for example, if you only eat halal food). We do not ask for this information, and we ask that you share this information with the restaurant only. However, there are certain situations where, notwithstanding the above, you may provide us with this type of information, for example if you file a complaint, and in those circumstances we will only obtain it with your consent.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including some in Europe, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
- Activity information: We collect information about your use of the Services and information about you from the content you create and the notifications or messages you post or send, as well as what you search and watch and what you interact with.
Information we obtain from external sources
From time to time, we may receive personal data from external sources, including advertising networks, but only when we have verified that such sources have your consent to process the information or are legally authorized or obliged to share your personal data with us. This information may include your demographic.
- Analytical reports and research surveys of
Marketplace: We collect information from our third party affiliates about how you respond to and interact with our marketing campaigns so that we can customize our marketing and Services accordingly.
- We may also receive aggregate information in the form of audience segments from external sources in order to display targeted advertising on digital platforms operated by organizations such as Facebook and Google.
Our use of collected information
Below we report the purposes of processing your personal data:
Information that you voluntarily provide
- Registration information
The personal registration data that you provide when you create a Wok To walk account allows us to give you access to the Services and to provide it to you [in accordance with our Terms. We also use this information to
authenticate your access to the Services, contact you for your opinion, and notify you of important changes or updates to our Services.
- Transaction information
Your transaction information (such as the food products you add to your basket) enables us to process your Order and send you an accurate invoice. It also helps us and any Restaurant in which you have placed the order to contact you when necessary.
Wok To walk may contact you by email, telephone or SMS to keep you informed of the status of your order or to provide you with other information or to resolve problems that arise with your account or Order. A restaurant may contact you by phone or SMS to keep you informed of the status of your order or to send you other information related to it.
When you pay for your Order through mobile payment or digital wallet service providers (such as Applepay or Pay with Google), we will send you transaction information via confirmation emails or SMS to the email address or phone number registered with said providers (since it is something required by them).
We will also analyze information from completed transactions and Successfully delivered Orders for data matching and statistical analysis so that we can manage, support, improve and develop our business and Services. Our analytics also help us detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities or prohibited acts under our Terms or any policy applicable to the Services.
- Information about your marketing preferences
Provided that it is allowed by law and you have given your consent, Wok To walk may send you advertising about our products or services by post, email, [phone] or mobile (ie SMS, messages through the application and notifications push).
When you have given your consent, we may share your information with companies in other sectors (such as food, beverage and entertainment or Marketing for internal analysis) so that they can inform you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe option in the communication you have received or updating your profile. You can also choose not to receive push notifications at the device level (for example, through your iOS settings). If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we no longer bother you with unwanted information in the future.
- Opinions and reviews
If you give us feedback, we will use it to answer your questions or queries, to provide customer service, and to resolve any problems with your Orders or the Services. We will publish the reviews you send us about the Restaurants on our platform and our Services in general, and we will also analyze your opinions to improve and develop our Services and thus improve your experience.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device, such as your IP address, MAC address, or device identifier. In some countries, including some in Europe, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
- Activity information
We analyze your shopping habits and the way you interact with our Services so that we can suggest food options from new restaurants that we think you would like to try. If you choose to share your geographic location with us, we may use this information to show you content that is local to you. This information will also help to ensure effective and prompt delivery of your Order. We may also provide you with tailored content and advertisements based on your prior interactions with our Services and our knowledge of your preferences which we infer from your usage and purchase history in connection with the Services.
We allow you to access your order history to make it easier for you to reorder food at your favorite Restaurants. We may also collect information about your interaction with our emails and other forms of communication.
- Cookies and similar technologies
Information we obtain from external sources
- Analytical reports and market research surveys
We analyze the information we collect from our third-party service providers (such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, and other affiliates) to understand how you interact with our Services and advertisements (for example, whether you have clicked on one of our advertisements). This helps us understand your preferences and recommend Services that are tailored to your interests.
Who we share your personal data with
When providing the Services to you, depending on the circumstances, we will share your personal data with the following entities
- Restaurants with which you place Orders so that the Restaurant can process and deliver them to you.
- Third parties that carry out various activities to promote and support our Services. This includes customer service agents outside the European Economic Area, website and app hosting and support providers, marketing service providers, eCRM providers who manage our marketing emails and push notifications, companies that send you email messages. text when your Order is on its way, delivery companies that deliver your Order, market research companies and suppliers of payment processing that processes card payment transactions. Any of these third parties may be outside the European Economic Area.
- As mentioned in the previous section, we may communicate your personal data with external companies (such as, for example, from the food, beverage and entertainment sectors) so that they can send you information about goods or services that may be of interest to you. We will only share your personal data with these third parties when you have given us your consent. If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe option in the communication you have received. or updating your profile. If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we no longer bother you with unwanted information in the future.
- Any law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party to whom we believe it is necessary to disclose the information (i) to comply with applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Any other third party for whom you have consented to the communication of your personal data. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data unless we have your consent or the law requires it.
- Legal bases for the processing of personal data
The legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data as described above will depend on the specific context in which we collect it.
We collect and process your personal data mainly for the performance of the contractual obligations established in our Terms (that is, to ensure that we deliver your Order at the time and place you have indicated to us). However, we will also process your personal data where necessary based on our legitimate business interests (but only if these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or your fundamental legal rights and freedoms). In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you (for example, in the case of legal proceedings) or we may need to process or share it with others to “protect your vital interests” (which is to save your life in legal language. ) or someone else’s (for example, if someone else’s life is in danger).
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to fulfill our contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and inform you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (and we will also explain possible consequences in case you do not provide it).
In the same way, we may obtain and process your personal data for us. legitimate interests (or those of any third party). Such legitimate interests include:
- a) establish business relationships with you or make offers that we believe will be of interest to you;
- b) analyze and understand how our services are used and thus improve them; c) for the prevention of fraud or other criminal acts; or
- d) to keep our systems secure.
If you have questions or need more information about the legal basis on which we collect and process your personal data, please contact us using the contact details listed in the “How to contact us” section.
- International data transfers
We may transfer your personal data to countries other than the country in which you reside. Wok To walk’s website servers are located primarily in the US, however our group companies and third-party vendors and partners operate in several countries. This means that when we collect your personal data, we may process it in any of these countries.
We attach great importance to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Accordingly, we implement appropriate technical and organizational measures and industry standard technology to protect you from unauthorized access and illegal processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
The security measures we use are designed to provide a level of security of protection appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data. When you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of this password. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone and that you use a unique password for our Services. We will not be responsible for any unauthorized transactions made with your name and password.
- Data retention
Wok To walk will retain your personal data when we have a legitimate business need to do so (for example, as long as you have an account with us or so that we can comply with our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
In the event that you object to our processing of certain personal data (also in connection with the receipt of our marketing communications), we will keep a record of your opposition to the processing of your personal data so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
We will permanently destroy or anonymize your personal data as soon as we no longer have the need to process it to satisfy our legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup copies), we will store it safely and isolate it from any further processing until its deletion is possible.
- Your data protection rights
Wok To walk respects your rights to privacy and data protection. Below is a summary of your rights with respect to the personal data that Wok To walk manages:
- Wok To walk provides you with the tools to access, review or update your personal data at any time through your account. If you wish to request the deletion of your personal data, you can do so by contacting us using the contact details listed in the “How to contact us” section.
- You can object to the processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data or request that it be transmitted to a third party. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details listed in the “How to contact us” section.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving the marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by using the unsubscribe option contained in the communication you receive or by updating your profile.
- Similarly, if we collect and process your personal data on the legal basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the legality of any treatment that we have carried out before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the treatment of your personal data carried out by legal bases of treatment independent of consent.
- You have the right to file a claim with a data protection control authority about our collection and processing of your personal data.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Links to third party sites
Occasionally, our website may contain links to the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or to any website that may offer useful information to our visitors. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Wok To walk on the relevant website. If you access these websites through the aforementioned links, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for these policies or those linked websites. Please check these policies before submitting personal data of any kind to such websites.
We recommend that you periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- How to contact us
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By sending us a letter to:
WOK TO WALK INTERNATIONAL, S.L. Rambla, nº 140, 4-a, 08002, Barcelona
The person responsible for the processing of your personal data is the Wok To walk entity located in the country where you use our Services.