Cookies and local storage policy
- What is a cookie?
- What are cookies used for?
- What is a local storage?
- What are third-party cookies?
- How do I block or delete the cookies?
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small temporary files stored in your browsing device (computer, telephone, tablet, etc) when you visit a website. Cookies enable the website to store information in your device necessary for certain website features to work.
When a cookie is created in your device, the following information is stored:
- The address (domain) of the website that created the cookie.
- The duration of the cookie (may last just some minutes or for years).
- The content of the cookie.
What are cookies used for?
- Essential cookies. Technical cookies necessary to manage your flow within the website or to keep you logged in. If you block them, certain parts of the website might not work properly.
- Customization cookies. Necessary to remember certain user preferences.
- Analytic cookies. These cookies help us and third parties to record where visits are originated and how users interact with the website, in order to create analytics that help us to enhance the website structure and contents.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are used to manage the advertisements displayed, their content and frequency.
- Behavioural advertising cookies. These cookies help to track your browsing behaviour in order to create a profile to determine relevant advertisements for you.
- Social sharing cookies. Cookies required to log you into your social networks in order to share contents.
What is local storage?
A local storage is a file created by a website in your device. Cookies are just one type of local storage, but there are others. It is important that you know them so you can block them or delete the data stored by them:
- Browser local storage. Some websites use the browser’s “sessionStorage” and “localStorage” to store data; “sessionStorage” is stored temporarily, but the “localStorage” is persistent. You may erase them by deleting your browser’s history.
- Flash local storage (“Flash Local Shared Objects”). Flash is a browser plug-in used to add Interactive and multimedia content into websites. Flash can store data in your device.
- Silverlight local storage (“Isolated Objects”). Silverlight is a browser plug-in used to add Interactive and multimedia content into websites. Silverlight can store data in your device.
- A web beacon is a tracking method that consists of an image embedded into a website. When your browser connects to the server where the image is located to download it, your access is tracked. Some times web beacons are very small or transparent images so the user is not aware of them.
What are third-party cookies?
Many websites incorporate features/functions provided by third parties, like:
- Analytics on website usage.
- Interactive maps.
- Videos and multimedia elements.
- Social-sharing buttons.
|Google Analytics||Google, Inc||http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html|
|Google features (Maps, Youtube, etc)||Google, Inc||http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/|
|Facebook features||Facebook, Inc||https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy|
|Twitter social sharing features||Twitter, Inc||https://twitter.com/privacy|
|Instagram social sharing features||Instagram, LLC||https://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/|
|Intagme social widget provided by Intagme||Intagme||http://www.intagme.com/tos/|
|Tripadvisor social features||TripAdvisor LLC||http://slide.ly/privacy-policy|
Some of these functions track your browsing in order to create a profile of your interests, so they can show you advertisements that are relevant to you. Cookies and local storage are tools that help to collect your browsing behaviour.
How do I block or delete the cookies?
The information is also covered in web browser’s online support pages:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=es_ES
- Safari for IOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
Some information may be stored in your browser’s local storage, Flash local storage and Silverlight local storage. To delete it:
- To delete browser’s local storage please delete the browser’s history.
- To delete Flash local storage, please refer to Adobe help pages: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, you may download it at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
To get help on other browsing software or any question regarding the cookies used by this website, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Remember: if you block cookies, it is possible that certain services or functions do not work properly.